Safety tips for migrants
- Learn phone numbers off by heart.
- Tell family members the migration route you're planning to use.
- Try to find a Red Cross or Red Crescent post as soon as possible after losing contact with any family members.
- Memorize all your family members' email addresses.
- Make sure you and your family use proper life jackets.
- If travelling with children, help them memorize useful information, such as parents' names.
- Update family members from time to time on your journey and where you are.
- If you're arrested, tell the police you want to stay with your family.