From Inveraray & District PB:
Rory Grossart, Greg McAllister & Anthony Doherty
Red Cross Building - Hamme.
For the 7th year in a row Flanders Red Cross Pipe Band will host the Trio Competition.
At this international event pipebands from Belgium, the Netherlands and elsewhere, will compete in groups of 3 pipers.
Each trio is judged by a professional jury.
- Every competing trio consists of exactly 3 pipers.
- A trio is allowed to play in its band's Grade, one Grade up and in Open Grade.
- Maximum 3 trios from a single band in a grade.
- A band's registered PM may play multiple times with his own band in the same grade.
- A per standing RSPBA rules: a PM of a Gr5 or Gr4 may play as piper with one other band in a higher grade.
- Trio's with a piper (exept PM) who is active (even outside this competition) in a higher graded band, will be disqualified.
- Total number of trios is capped at 39. Entries taken on First-come First-served basis.
- 5 Euro entry fee per trio.
- There are only 2 tuning rooms available, so "be prepared”!
- Final tuning is allowed on stage, but limited to a maximum of 3 minutes.
- Grade 5: 4 to 6 parts of March
- Grade 4: 8 to 9 parts of March
- Grade 4 MSR: March, Strathspey & Reel. Min 4 parts each. According to RSPA rules.
- Grade 3: Medley
- Grade 2: Medley
- Grade 1: Medley
- Open Grade: March, Strathspey & Reel. Min 4 parts each.