Job Vacancy ERU Roster Member
Do you have field experience in development cooperation or humanitarian assistance? Are you flexible and able to travel within 48 hours after a disaster strikes to provide life-sav-ing assistance? Are you willing to give up comfort and work independently in a challenging environment? Are you looking for a professional organization that can give you the necessary support? The Belgian Red Cross is expanding its Emergency Response Unit rosters. If you recognize yourself in the description above, then you’re the candidate we’re looking for!
The Benelux Relief Emergency Response Unit (Relief ERU) is a vibrant part of the Red Cross instru-ments to provide surge emergency response. When a disaster hits, the ability of the local Red Cross/Red Crescent Society to cope with the situation might be overstretched. Within 48 hours, our Relief ERU mobilizes specialized staff and equipment for immediate disaster relief. We are special-ized in assisting the National Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in need in the set-up of on-site relief good distributions, whether in-kind or cash-based.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to turn your skills into life-saving impact, through punctual short-term de-ployments worldwide.
- A fully funded one-week starter-training and yearly opportunities to refresh and deepen your skills and knowledge in disaster response.
- A fair remuneration during time of deployment.
- The Belgian Red Cross takes care of the administration/expenses related to visa, vaccina-tions, insurance, travel & accommodation. N.B. Travel costs from outside Benelux made in order to attend the mandatory training are not remunerated.
What do we expect from you?
- Field experience in international development cooperation or humanitarian assistance. Con-crete experiences with emergency cash-transfers is regarded positively.
- Strong ICT-skills, especially an advanced level of excel and familiarity with mobile technol-ogy and app-management.
- Oral and Written Proficiency in English and French, knowledge of other languages (Dutch, Spanish, Arabic, …) is an asset.
- A minimum availability for deployment of 1 month/year.
- A personal commitment of minimum 3 years during which you remain available for immedi-ate deployment and you are committed to participate in annual trainings/refreshers. These trainings are mandatory and usually take place in the Benelux countries.
- A strong sense of intercultural awareness and commitment to adhere to the fundamental humanitarian principles of the Red Cross Red Crescent movement.
- The absence of any criminal record.
- A good mental and physical health.
How to apply?
Are you the person we’re looking for? Apply before the 31th of July by sending following docu-ments to administratieIS@rodekruis.be with subject "Benelux Relief ERU 2017- [insert your name]":
- An updated Curriculum Vitae which clearly demonstrates:
- Your field experience in international development cooperation or humanitarian as-sistance.
- Your language skills according the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (A1-C2).
- A one-page motivation letter.
- Written approval by your direct manager in which you are granted the required availability for deployment, or comparable proof of availability. Include contact details.
Please note we are looking for a limited number of profiles. If you are selected, you will be invited for excel/language tests and a personal interview mid-August